Tulsa Fire: Smoking In Bed Sends Woman To The Hospital


Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 7:32 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK -- A Tulsa resident is rushed to the hospital with burns on her arms and legs after a mattress in her home caught fire late Monday night.

Tulsa Fire was dispatched to the home at 21st and 129th East Avenue at about 11:40 p.m.

Fire investigators say it appears the elderly woman was smoking in bed and somehow lit the mattress on fire.

The woman's husband tried to get her out of the house, but had to have the help of firefighters.

There is no word on the woman's condition.