Heater Sparks Tuesday Morning Tulsa Business Fire


Tuesday, September 29th 2009, 8:25 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK -- The Tulsa Fire Department says an early morning business fire was caused by improper storage of material. 

Firefighters were called to Facet International at 9910 East 56th Street North at around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday to find smoke pouring from the eastside of the building. 

Tulsa Fire tells The News On 6, sprinklers inside building helped put out much of the fire. 

They say pallets of commercial grade filters were stacked too close to an overhead natural gas heater, and because of the cold overnight temperatures, the thermostat turned on the heating system, leading to the fire. 

Crews remained on the scene for over an hour to mop off any hot spots.