1 10 oz can cream of chicken or mushroom soup (low sodium)
1 ½ cups low-fat milk
1 4 oz can chopped green chilies (or 1/3 cup fresh chilies, chopped)
2 cups diced cooked chicken
8 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
¾ cup reduced fate grated cheddar cheese
1. In a bowl, mix soup, milk, chilies, and chicken
2. Coat a slow cooker with nonstick spray or line with a slow-cooking bag.
3. Layer the tortilla pieces, the chicken mixture and the cheese.
4. Finish the layers with cheese on the top.
5. Cook in a crock pot on low for 4 hours.
*Time and money saving tips:
This recipe was adapted from the Gather at the Table cookbook provided through the Oklahoma Nutrition Program.
A free copy may be downloaded from the Tulsa County OSU Extension web site: http://www.oces.tulsacounty.org.
The 77 page cookbook provides quick, easy, and inexpensive recipes for anyone interested in better managing their budget, eating better and increasing physical activity.