Stove Fire In Tulsa Apartment Sends Two To The Hospital


Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 11:06 pm
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK -- Two people are in fair condition after a fire at the Normandy Apartments near 38th and Sheridan late Tuesday evening. 

The fire broke out on a stove in an apartment unit early Wednesday morning. 

Fire investigators say the residents tried to put it out themselves, but inhaled too much smoke and called 911. 

A 16-year-old teen and a 50-year-old woman were taken to a Tulsa hospital for smoke inhalation.  EMSA assessed a 48-year-old woman at the scene, but she refused to be taken to the hospital.

Fire officials say the stove fire was contained to the one apartment.