• Nonstick cooking spray
• 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
• 1 cup pecan halves or pieces
• 1 T flax seed
• ½ cup brown sugar, packed
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1/3 cup canola oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup chocolate chips
• 3/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 300oF. Lightly coat a large sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, nut, brown sugar, and flax seed.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together honey, canola oil, salt and vanilla.
4. Combine both mixtures, stirring well to coat.
5. *Spread mixture onto baking dish. Bake 30- 40 minutes(or until lightly brown), stirring every 5-7 minutes with a large spatula to break large chunks and for even browning.
6. Remove from oven, stir in chocolate chips and dried cranberries and mix well. Allow granola to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
• To make granola bars, mix all ingredients together, press into a jelly roll pan and cut into bars immediately after removing from the oven. Cool completely before serving.
Yield: 14 ¼ cups servings