News On 6
TULSA, OK -- A morning tragedy had firefighters on a mission Tuesday night. A 69-year-old man died in a house fire in the 3900 block of East Admiral. Rescuers found him collapsed against the front door, and think he died of smoke inhalation.
Fire crews couldn't find any smoke detectors in his house, so they went back to the neighborhood, giving and installing free smoke detectors.
"We care about them. We want to make sure they're safe. That's why we have these programs with the smoke detectors. We don't want to make anymore fatalities fires like this," said Tulsa Fire Captain Ray Evins.