Smoke Alarm Awakens Tulsa Family


Tuesday, May 5th 2009, 7:39 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK -- A carbon monoxide alarm helped a Tulsa family escape a fire overnight.

The Tulsa Fire Department says the owner of a home at 13th and Delaware heard the alarm going off at about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday,

When he went to check on it, he discovered a fire in the attic of his home.

He, along with his wife and a child, got out safely.

Firefighters believe the cause of the fire was electrical in nature, but they are investigating.

Damage is estimated at $10,000.