Homeless Man Starts Tulsa Business Fire


Thursday, April 9th 2009, 7:41 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK -- Tulsa Fire officials say a homeless man started a fire to warm some food and ended up damaging a Tulsa car restoration business overnight.

The fire occurred at Buck's Classic Limited Shop at 800 South Xanthus Place.

Tulsa firefighters say after starting the fire, the man drank several beers and fell asleep.  The flames spread, and ignited the insulation on the inside wall of the business.

The owner of the building found the homeless man sleeping and held him until firefighters arrived. 

Tulsa Fire officials say the homeless man was arrested for an open burn and public intoxication. 

Firefighters did contain the fire and the building only sustained minor damage.