1lb. ground pork or ground beef
1/2 C. chopped green onion
2 T. sesame oil
2 T. soy sauce
2 t. rice wine
2 t. salt
½ C. shredded carrot
3 C. shredded cabbage or bok choy
2 t. cornstarch
1 pack spring roll pastry
1/4 C. soy sauce
11/2 T. rice vinegar
11/2 T. sugar
1 T. fresh minced garlic
1. In a bowl, put the ground pork in with chopped green onion, sesame oil, soy sauce,
and rice wine and mix well.
2. In a second bowl, mix shredded cabbage and carrot with salt and let sit for about 5-
10 minutes, then squeeze out the excess water.
3. Add the cabbage and carrot into the bowl with the ground pork. Mix well.
4. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1 t. of water to make the cornstarch paste.
5. Place a portion of filling (the ground pork mixture) in the center of the pastry.
6. Wrap, roll, and seal with some cornstarch paste.
7. Heat the cooking oil and Deep-fry the spring roll over medium heat for 4 minutes or
until they are golden brown.