Mayfest Headline Acts Announced, Event Goes Green
Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 4:34 pm
News On 6
TULSA, OK -- Mayfest organizers have announced the popular downtown art and music festival's headline acts. Sister Hazel will perform Friday, May 15th and Old 97's will perform Saturday, May 16th.
They'll join other musical acts and 120 artists for the four-day festival which runs May 14-17.
Work is also being done to make each area of the festival greener.
- Organizers are encouraging those attending the event to go online for information instead of printing brochures.
- There are online applications for visual and performing artists.
- The commemorative Mayfest poster is printed on recycled paper and uses soy- based ink.
- A bicycle valet, where you can park and lock your bike, will be available.
- There will be "green" souvenir t-shirts that are made of 100% organic cotton.
- Those attending will receive "I used to be a plastic bottle" bags instead of plastic bags.
- Food vendors are asked to use environmentally-friendly serving products.
- There will be activities in KidZone using reclaimed materials.
- The toilet tissue and blue water in the holding tanks used in Mayfest port-a-potties are certified earth friendly by Federal Government's Research Foundation.
- There will be recycling stations for plastic bottles and aluminum cans. Organizers say volunteers will monitor the recycling bins and help to gather recycling.
For more information, visit the Mayfest website.