6 cups of fresh spinach leaves (with stems removed)
1 granny smith apple (sliced)
¼ cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup of walnuts (lightly chopped)
blue cheese crumbles
Lemon & Honey Poppy Seed Dressing
¾ cup honey
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 minced green onion
¾ teaspoon worchestershire sauce
¾ teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup raspberry red wine vinegar
½ lemon freshly squeezed juice
3/4 cup canola oil
1. Whisk all of the above ingredients (except oil) in a high sided bowl.
2. Continue whisking while slowly adding the oil until completely blended. There should not be a separation between the oil and vinegar.
3. Chill the dressing until you are ready to serve.
4. To serve, place the spinach on a salad plate or bowl. Garnish with fruit and walnuts.
5. Drizzle salad with the dressing and serve.
6. Serves 4 people.
Compliments of: Gina and Guiseppe's Italian Ristorante
Riverwalk Crossing ~ Jenks, OK