Cigarette Sparks House Fire In Tulsa


Friday, January 30th 2009, 5:48 pm
By: News On 6


News On 6

TULSA, OK -- A cigarette is blamed for a house fire in the 1400 block of South St. Louis Avenue on Friday afternoon.

Firefighters say it started near an ashtray on the front porch.  They say there was one person home when the fire broke out, but say they escaped unharmed.  There were three adults and two kids living in the house.

The Tulsa Red Cross is helping them with a place to stay for now.

Losses were valued at $90,000.