1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
Several cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 pound ground turkey or beef
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground oregano
1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
1/4 tsp. ground basil
1 tbsp. chili powder
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
Several tomatoes, depending on size, chopped (see tips!)
1 can red kidney beans
1. Saute onions, green pepper and garlic in olive oil until soft.
2. Add ground meat and brown.
3. Combine spices together into a mixture, and then add to ground meat.
4. Add red wine vinegar.
5. Add tomatoes and let simmer until tomatoes cook down.
6. Add kidney beans and cook for a few more minutes.
7. Serve over white or brown rice. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, onions and sour cream.
Recipe Source: www.huffingtonpost.com