Delight guests with this fruity bread pudding made with Panera's signature Cinnamon Raisin Bread.
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 loaf Cinnamon Raisin White Bread torn into bite-size pieces
½ cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup pecan halves
Zest and juice of 2 large orange
¼ cup apple cider
1-tablespoon vanilla extract or rum
8 small baking apples (about 2 pounds) such as Fuji, Gala or Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
½ cup apple, quince, or blackberry jam or jelly
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add the bread and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until well coated.
4. Add the sugar, pecans, orange zest and juice, cider, and vanilla extract.
5. Cook and additional 2-3 minutes until a sauce begins to form
6. In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, layer the bread mixture with the apples and dot the top with the jam or jelly.
7. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly.