Woman Dies In House Fire


Tuesday, December 25th 2007, 2:46 pm
By: News On 6


ALVA, Okla. (AP) -- Authorities say a candle or a cigarette may have sparked a fire that killed a 60-year-old woman. Fire Chief Kirk Trekell says the body of Alena Annette Parson was found early Monday in the basement of a home in central Alva.

Trekell says the fire was reported about 9:45 p.m. Sunday, but firefighters were not able to enter the home until about midnight.

He said the blaze started on a sofa in the basement and was most likely caused by either a candle or a cigarette.