Stillwater Teen Dies In Mobile Home Fire


Tuesday, December 25th 2007, 6:23 am
By: News On 6


STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - Police say an 18-year-old student at Stillwater High School has died after a fire swept through a mobile home on the city's southeast side. Lt. Michael Metcalf says Matthew Scott Wilkerson died early Sunday after the blaze broke out at the mobile home where the teen was staying.

Metcalf says it appears the fire started in a room where Wilkerson was sleeping. Another man staying at the mobile home managed to escape and told authorities he saw a badly burned Wilkerson climbing out of a bedroom window.

Metcalf says Wilkerson was taken to a local hospital, where he died.

The fire remains under investigation, but Metcalf says the blaze likely started from one of several space heaters being used inside the home.