Couple Escapes Overnight Fire


Friday, December 7th 2007, 6:00 am
By: News On 6


A Tulsa couple had a fortunate escape from a fire just after 1 a.m. Friday morning. The fire broke out in a gas log stove in a storage building behind the home at 18th and Lewis. The couple had been working to clean up the outbuilding and fell asleep. The stove caught fire, and the woman woke up to smoke.

Firefighters say the residents were lucky to escape safely because the building had no smoke detector. Damage is estimated at about $10,000.

Watch the video: Couple Escapes Burning Storage Building