Gas leak may have sparked Tulsa house fire


Wednesday, January 7th 2004, 12:00 am
By: News On 6


An investigation is underway into a house fire in east Tulsa Wednesday morning. Firefighters were called to the 9400 block of East 37th Street shortly after 5 AM.

They say a man woke up to find the house full of smoke and called for help. Officials say it appears the fire started by the fireplace and spread to the attic. It may have been sparked by a gas leak.

No one was hurt. Damage is estimated at $30,000.