No one hurt in early morning Tulsa apartment fire


Thursday, December 27th 2001, 12:00 am
By: News On 6


A Tulsa woman finds herself out in the cold, when fire breaks out in her apartment.

Firefighters were called to a small group of apartments at about 12th and Rockford around 1 AM Thursday morning. When they arrived, they found flames coming from the bedroom of one of the apartments. Crews managed to quickly put out the fire.

Officials say it appears it was started by a space heater. Tulsa Fire Acting Chief Duane George: "She just said she woke up, she'd been asleep for abut two hours, when she woke up her blanket was on fire, she got up and ran out." The woman was not hurt.

Three other apartments sustained some smoke damage but those residents were allowed to go back inside. Damage is estimated at $15,000.