Tulsa house fire sends woman to hospital


Thursday, December 20th 2001, 12:00 am
By: News On 6


A Tulsa woman was overcome by smoke after a fire erupted in her home early Thursday morning. It happened at the Sunset Plaza apartments on East Independence.

When crews arrived they found an elderly woman unconscious on the floor. She was taken outside and later transported to a local hospital. Tulsa firefighters say the fire started in the kitchen when a pot was left unattended on the stove.

Damage is estimated at about $10,000.