Montgomerie has withdrawn from French Open
Tuesday, May 1st 2001, 12:00 am
By: News On 6
PARIS (AP) _ Colin Montgomerie will not defend his French Open title this week, a spokeswoman for the PGA European Tour said Tuesday.
Montgomerie, who won last year's tournament with a two-stroke victory, withdrew his entry last Friday, the spokeswoman said. The four-day tournament runs from May 3-6 in Lyon, central France.
The Scot missed the cut in last week's Portuguese Open by one shot, marking the first time since August 1998 that he had failed in two successive outings. Earlier in the month he missed the cut at the Masters tournament.