Inola man electrocuted in house attic


Tuesday, October 31st 2000, 12:00 am
By: News On 6


TULSA, Okla. (AP) -- A 26-year-old Inola man working on wiring in the attic of a Tulsa house was electrocuted, police said.

Donald W. Rhodes was pronounced dead at the scene on Monday, Officer Lucky Lamons, a Tulsa police spokesman, said. Emergency Medical Services Authority paramedics were called to the house about 1:40 p.m.

Lamons said paramedics, after determining that Rhodes was dead, called police, who must document all unexpected deaths that are unattended by a physician.

"The victim was over at his friend's father's house doing some electrical work," Lamons said. "He was in the attic above the bathroom when it appears that he came in contact with a live wire."

The resident heard the commotion in the attic and called to Rhodes several times. He called 911 after Rhodes did not respond, Lamons said.