Sisters suffer burns in fire caused by explosion


Tuesday, October 17th 2000, 12:00 am
By: News On 6


(Bartlesville-AP) -- Bartlesville authorities say two people suffered burns when a heater explosion caused an apartment fire.

Twenty-year-old Teresa Whaling and her 14-year-old sister were asleep when the fire broke out about early yesterday morning.

Fire Chief Bob Hasbrook says they managed to escape before firefighters arrived.

Hasbrook says Whaling suffered third-degree burns to her right arm and chest, along with first- and second-degree burns to her face and left arm.

Her sister suffered third-degree burns to her feet and first- and second-degree burns to her face and hands.

Both are recovering at the Alexander Burn Center at Hillcrest Medical Center in Tulsa.