Woman dies in Oakhurst fire


Tuesday, September 19th 2000, 12:00 am
By: News On 6


(Tulsa-AP) -- A woman died in a house fire that appears to have started early this morning in the attic of an Oakhurst home just outside the Tulsa city limits.

Doug Blaine is assistant state fire marshal.

Blaine says the woman appears to be the 36-year-old resident of the home.

But he says authorities are awaiting confirmation of the woman's identity based on dental records.

Blaine says fire departments got the call shortly after midnight.

He says the blaze may have started from faulty electrical wiring in the attic.

Blaine says units from Oakhurst, Tulsa and Sapulpa responded to the blaze.