Tracking down the source of a chemical leak in west Tulsa
Thursday, February 3rd 2005, 12:02 pm
By: News On 6
Tulsa fire officials believe they now know the source of a hazardous gas leak that sent one worker to the hospital Wednesday night.
They first checked the Burlington Northern rail yard, because that's where the worker was. But later they got a call from nearby Permafix Treatment Services, who said they thought they had caused the leak.
Permafix disposes of hazardous waste from other businesses. They say they sometimes get unmarked or miss-marked containers, which can create unexpected reactions. They think that's what might have happened Wednesday night.
Itâ€™s believed it was a chlorine gas, with some other gasses possibly mixed in.