No Injuries From Pair Of House Fires


Monday, April 9th 2007, 6:23 am
By: News On 6


Unrelated Tulsa house fires damages two homes. A close call for a Tulsa family when fire breaks out in their home overnight. The fire happened around 1 a.m. Monday at 25th Place and Yale. A couple in the home heard a popping noise and when they went to investigate they found their home was on fire. Everyone in the home made it outside okay.

Investigators believe the fire started from an electrical problem. Damage is estimated at $5,000. The home had no smoke detector, but firefighters installed one before they left.

Cold weather may be to blame for a fire in Tulsa's midtown on Sunday. Fire officials believe the fire started in the chimney of the home located in 1600 block of East 55th Place. Parts of the attic burned, but firefighters were able to keep it from spreading to the rest of the home.

No one was hurt in the fire.