Cattle Die Of Nitrogen Poisoning
Sunday, March 18th 2007, 1:45 pm
By: News On 6
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) Authorities say 15 cattle that were found dead in Cleveland County earlier this week died from nitrogen poisoning. Vana Conway of Moore's animal control department says officials believe the source of the poisoning was hay. Conway says because last year was so dry, the nitrogen used to fertilize the hay didn't leach into the ground and stayed in the hay.
Conway and other officials found the animals in a field near Indian Hills Road and Broadway Avenue, between Moore and Norman.
The animals are owned by Norman resident Warren Fishburn and were removed by a private company.