Dog Rescued From Burning House


Tuesday, February 27th 2007, 6:02 am
By: News On 6


Tulsa Fire officials say a cigarette is to blame for an early morning house fire. Firefighters were called to a home near 12th and Xanthus just before 5 a.m Tuesday.

Firefighters quickly contained the fire to the front portion of the house. Tulsa Fire Captain Larry Bowles says it appears a smoldering cigarette caught some bedding on fire. The home’s residents were able to make it out safely. The couple’s dog however, was rescued by firefighters.

According to fire officials, smoke detectors alerted the residents of the fire. Bowles says the blaze caused about $29,000 in damage.