Ground search called off for missing boys in Minn.


Sunday, November 26th 2006, 5:44 pm
By: News On 6


RED LAKE, Minn. (AP) Authorities in Minnesota have called off major ground search operations on the Red Lake Indian Reservation after they turned up no sign of two young missing brothers.

The two have been missing since they went out to play Wednesday morning.

But FBI Special Agent Paul McCabe says that efforts to find the boys are not over, and that investigators will continue to actively work the case.

McCabe says there's still no firm evidence of what happened to the boys, leaving it unclear whether they wandered off or were taken.

He says that investigators have received around 70 tips, but says that none of these tips have led to the boys so far.