2A Quarterfinal High School Playoffs

Tuesday, November 21st 2006, 10:53 pm
By: News On 6

The quarterfinal match-ups in 2A are set. Undefeated Vian (12-0) will face Alva (11-1) on Friday.

Round one action, Vian shutout Morris 35-0.

Round two looked like it would be another shutout. The 4th ranked Wolverines were 49-0 before Colcord finally got on the board. The deficit was too much to overcome for the Hornets; Vian beat Colcord 56-14.

The Alva Goldbugs entered post-season play against Jones. The Longhorns were no match for Alva; the Goldbugs won by 14, 21-7.

Round two pitted Alva against Hobart. The Goldbugs QB was unstoppable hitting 15 of 18 for 196 yards. Alva defeated the Bearcats 14-6 to advance to the quarterfinals.

Also on Friday, Spiro (11-2) at Heritage Hall (8-4).

Heritage Hall blanked Watonga in the first round 28-0.

There was controversy in round two for Heritage Hall. The Chargers taking on Bethany, the first half belonged to Heritage Hall, the score was 21-3 at the half. Bethany's J.P. Grasmick got the Chargers back into the game with 2-second half touchdown. The final minutes of the game, Grasmick gets the ball and is going in for what could have been the winning touchdown, but officials ruled his knee touched the ground before he crossed the goal line. Heritage Hall wins 21-18.

Round one for Spiro, the Bulldogs taking on Prague; Spiro won by a touchdown, 28-21,

Round two pitted Spiro against the undefeated Sequoyah Tahlequah. Sequoyah was the favorite to win, but they just couldn't hold onto the ball, fumbling 8 times. Two of those fumbles lead to Bulldog touchdowns, another kept the Indians from scoring in the 3rd. 6th ranked Sequoyah falls to Spiro, 26-20.

Class 2A quarterfinals on Saturday, defending champs Chandler (11-1) facing Millwood (11-1).

Chandler shut out Stigler in round one 40-0.

Round two, Chandler vs. Sperry. In the 3rd Sperry was leading 21-14; a 60-yard touchdown pass tied the score, 21-all. A Sperry fumble was the end for the Pirates. Chandler keeps its repeat hopes alive, 42-27.

An easy victory for Millwood in round one, they defeat Fairview, 27-2.

Round two wasn't much of a challenge for 2nd ranked Millwood. Playing Lindsay, the Leopards took the lead at 6-0, but Millwood scored 50 unanswered points to advance to the quarterfinals, final score, 50-6.

Also on Saturday the Davis Wolves against the Henryetta Knights.

The undefeated Wolves easily advanced past the first round against Bridge Creek, 47-7.

Top ranked Davis took on Perkins in round two. Perkins took an early 14-0 lead, but Davis scored 41 unanswered points to advance to the quarterfinals, final score, 41-14.

Henryetta had no problem with Wilburton in the first round. The Knights routed Wilburton 45-0.

Round two, Henryetta versus undefeated Cascia Hall. The Knights, leading after 3 quarter, held off a late comeback try by the Commandos. Henryetta advances to the quarterfinals with a 28-23 victory.