Two Rogers County workers exposed to chlorine gas


Monday, August 8th 2005, 5:34 pm
By: News On 6


Two employees of a Rogers County waste metals company are recovering from exposure to chlorine.

Haz-mat and emergency crews were called to Commercial Metals at 2001 North 170th East Avenue Monday afternoon. When they arrived, they learned the men were exposed to chlorine gas from a canister that was punctured after it was delivered.

The company manager tells the News on 6 they don't normally take in those types of containers and this one was probably in the middle of a shipment and wasn't found until the accident.

Both workers were decontaminated, and then taken to the hospital as a precaution.