An overnight apartment fire sends Tulsa fire crews into action


Thursday, February 23rd 2006, 5:40 am
By: News On 6


Two families are forced from their homes early Thursday morning when fire breaks out at their apartment.

It happened shortly after midnight in the 2500 block of East Independence. The fire started in an upstairs apartment, possibly from a space heater.

Everyone got out safely. Several cats were rescued.

Fire heavily damaged one apartment. The apartment one below it sustained water damage.