No one injured in a Tulsa house fire


Thursday, December 22nd 2005, 8:58 am
By: News On 6


Fire destroys a Tulsa home and firefighters were still on the scene Thursday afternoon at the home located near 7th and Phoenix.

As soon as firefighters arrived, they were put on the defensive to protect nearby homes.

Fire crews were called to the home at about 8:30 AM. An adult and a child were inside the home but they made it out safety. But it was a dangerous situation for firefighters with power lines over the house and flames coming through the roof.

Fire officials believe the fire started around the chimney area, a common problem spot during cooler weather. Tulsa Fire Captain Larry Bowles: "anytime it gets cold, people want to get warm, need to be careful with fires in your home."

Firefighters were able to save some of the family's Christmas presents before it was too dangerous for them to be inside.

The home is a total loss and the Red Cross is now helping the family.