Movers urged to contract state to get rebate

Thursday, October 20th 2005, 7:45 am
By: News On 6

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) Oklahomans who have moved without leaving a forwarding address have until Monday to contact the state so they can receive their state tax relief checks.

State Treasurer Scott Meacham says about 4,000 people have completed address changes on a Web site set up to make sure the state has the right address for all taxpayers.

Meacham says those who don't use a computer can call 405-522-3333 to get help in updating their addresses so their tax rebates can be delivered.

Taxpayer relief checks are scheduled to go out at the end of next month. Single taxpayers will receive about $45, while married filers will get about $90.