Onion-Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Monday, December 17th 2007, 12:49 pm
News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 8 servings, 4 ounces each
- 1 (2 pounds) pork tenderloin1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
3 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut tenderloin horizontally into 8 even portions.
3. In a small bowl combine next 4 ingredients, (chili powder, pepper, cornstarch and garlic salt). In an additional medium bowl combine onion and parsley.
4. Rub chili powder mixture evenly on tenderloin portions then roll outside edges in onion mixture.
5. In an oven safe skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook tenderloin portions cut side down, approximately 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
6. Transfer skillet to oven and bake 7 to 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 154 calories, 3g carbohydrate, 24g protein, 4.6g fat, 1.4g saturated fat, 74mg cholesterol, 0.7g dietary fiber, 158mg sodium
- Original recipe by Jennifer Parham, RD, LD