Mocha Turtle Trifle
Monday, December 17th 2007, 11:48 am
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 1 box (1 lb. 4.75 oz.) Betty Crocker Turtle Brownie Mix
1 box (2.8 oz.) Nestle European Style Mocha Mousse Mix
1 container (8 oz.) whipped topping
½ cup chocolate syrup
1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Garnish with chocolate sprinkles, chocolate curls, and/or toffee bits, if desired.
- Prepare brownie and mousse mixes according to package directions. When brownies have cooled, and mousse is chilled, assemble trifle as follows:
1. Place one layer of brownies (about 1/3 of them) in bottom of glass trifle dish.
2. Spread half of prepared Mocha Mousse over top of brownies, going almost to edges of trifle dish. (Leave a little space so it will look pretty!)
3. Drizzle chocolate syrup, and sprinkle pecans.
4. Spread ½ of whipped topping, again going almost to edges of trifle dish.
5. REPEAT LAYERING, ending with whipped topping.
6. Place one piece of brownie in center for garnish, then garnish with chocolate sprinkles or place chocolate curls, as desired.
Any remaining brownies can enjoyed later!
Note: Clear glass trifle dishes are available for under $10.00 at your local retailer; however, any clear glass bowl can be used. You can also make individual trifles in pretty crystal goblets, or even margarita glasses.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Kim Bevins