Key West Fruit Salad
Monday, December 17th 2007, 9:59 am
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- American/Appetizers-Side Dish
- 14 servings, approximately ¾ cup each
- For the Salad:3 bananas, sliced
3 apples, chopped
2 tablespoons Key lime juice
1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
3 cups chopped strawberries
2 cups grapes
3 kiwi, peeled and chopped
For the Dressing:
1 cup sugar substitute (made from sucralose and maltodextrin)
½ cup water
½ cup Key lime juice
3 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange flavored liqueur
- 1. Place bananas, apples and lime juice in a large mixing bowl; toss until well coated. Add remaining fruit and mix.
2. Combine sugar substitute and 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until bubbling. Stir in lime juice and liqueur, and let simmer 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Let cool to room temperature. Pour mixture over fruit and toss gently.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 114 calories, 27g carbohydrate, 1g protein, 0.6g fat, 0.1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 3.5g dietary fiber, 6mg sodium
- Original recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD, Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org