Herb-Seasoned Green Beans
Friday, December 14th 2007, 12:55 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- Appetizers-Side Dish/Vegetarian
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
Butter-flavored cooking spray
2 tablespoons green onion, minced
2 tablespoons celery, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Snap ends off green beans and blanch in boiling water 3-5 minutes. Drain. Rinse
with cold water.
2. Spray medium skillet with butter-flavored spray. Saute onion and celery until soft.
Add all ingredients except green beans. Cook approximately 3 minutes. Add green beans to skillet mixture. Coat green beans with butter-flavored cooking spray. Stir
until green beans are well coated with the herbs. Continue to cook until hot.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 90 calories, 20g carbohydrate, 5g protein, 1g fat, 0g saturated fat,
0mg cholesterol, 7.8g dietary fiber, 214mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD