Fresh Fried Corn & Jalapeño Grits
Thursday, December 13th 2007, 10:56 am
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- American/Appetizers-Side Dish
- Serves 8
- 6 cups water1 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits
3 ears fresh corn, cut from the cob
1 c chopped green onions
2 c grated Idle Knot Farms "Fiesta" Cheddar Cheese
2 fresh jalapeños, minced (remove seeds)
3 T butter (or more)
Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Place water in saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Turn heat to low and slowly whisk in the grits. Beat to remove lumps. Cover, stirring occasionally, until grits absorb all the water and are creamy (5-7 minutes).
2. Melt 2 T butter in frying pan. Add cut corn and green onions. Cook 2-3 minutes only.
3. Add corn and onions to cooked grits, together with remaining ingredients and cook until cheese melts, about one minute more. Cool slightly before serving.
You can make this ahead and microwave just before serving. If you chill overnight, you may have to add a little hot water to get the correct consistency before reheating.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Robert Merrifield, The Polo Grill