Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 5:42 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 36 servings
- 2 tablespoons margarine2/3 cup evaporated skim milk
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups sugar substitute (made from sucralose and maltodextrin)
1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 jar (2.5 ounces) baby food prunes
1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with waxed paper. Let paper extend over the edges. Set aside.
2. Melt margarine in a medium saucepan. Stir in milk, sugar and sugar substitute. Bring mixture to a boil; continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and slowly blend in chocolate chips. Add remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended.
3. Spread mixture in prepared pan. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 106 calories, 19g carbohydrate, 0.9g protein, 3.8g fat, 1.8g saturated fat, Omg cholesterol, 0.7g dietary fiber,
- Adapted recipe by Barbara Jo Smith and Rachel Cly, RD, LD