Double Chocolate Chews
Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 4:58 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 2 dozen
- 1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 1/2 oz nonfat cream cheese
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 oz mini chocolate chips (about 3 T)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick
2. On a sheet of waxed paper, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter, cream
cheese, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Beat in the vanilla. Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Knead in the chocolate chips.
3. Divide the dough into quarters. Divide each quarter into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place on the prepared cookie
sheets. Repeat to form 24 balls. Using the bottom of a glass, press the balls into 2-inch rounds.
4. Bake the cookies, in two batches, for 8 minutes, or until slightly puffed
and very soft to the touch. Let cool on the pans for 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool before serving.
Helpful hint: To prevent the glass from sticking when you flatten the balls of dough, coat the bottom of the glass with granulated sugar. Dip the glassin water, then into a saucer of sugar. After you've flattened the first cookie, the glass will become sticky and the sugar will adhere to it.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Values per cookie:
2 g fat
1.3 g saturated fat
14 g carbohydrate
1 g protein
4 mg cholesterol
sodium 39 mg
- Julie Free, RD/LD, St. Francis Hospital