Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 4:04 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- American/Appetizers-Side Dish
- 12 servings
- Butter flavored cooking spray
2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes rapid-rise yeast
3/4 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
1/4 cup sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar substitute (Splenda)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
12 large marshmallows
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon fat-free milk
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a large bowl combine yeast and water; let stand 5 minutes. Beat yeast mixture, ¼ cup sugar, flour, oil, egg substitute and salt at low speed with an electric mixer until blended.
2. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 4 minutes). Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
3. Punch down dough and divide into 12 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 3-inch circle. Spray with cooking spray.
4. In a small bowl combine remaining ½ cup sugar substitute and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over each circle of dough. Place cranberries in center of each circle, and top with a marshmallow.
5. Pull edges of circle to center, and pinch to seal; shape into a ball. Place seam side down, in lightly greased muffin pan. Spray tops with cooking spray. Cover and chill 8 hours.
6. Remove from refrigerator and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned; cool slightly.
8. Stir together powdered sugar, milk and ginger; drizzle over rolls.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 265 calories, 53g carbohydrate, 4.6g protein, 3.8g fat, 0.3g saturated fat, 0mg sodium, 1.6g dietary fiber, 218mg sodium
Exchanges per serving: 3 starch, 1 fruit
- Adapted recipe by Jennifer Parham, RD, LD, Siegfried Health Center, St. John Medical Center