Chocolate Silk Pie
Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 12:49 pm
News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 12 oz best quality semi-sweet or dark chocolate (Caillehaut, Vairhona, or Lindt)
12 oz soft or silken tofu
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 9" pie shell, baked
- 1. Chop chocolate into small pieces. Melt in microwave or in top of double-boiler, stirring often.
2. While chocolate melts, purée tofu in food processor, scraping sides once or twice. Add melted chocolate and process until completely blended. Add vanilla and pulse to blend.
3. Turn chocolate mixture into pie shell, spreading with a spatula to fill the shell evenly.
4. Refrigerate 60 minutes to set the filling. Let pie stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
Pie will keep 2-3 days in fridge.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Lisa Lang, Wild Oats Market