Baked Compote of Winter Fruit
Print Thursday, January 01, 2004 Categories: American/Dessert Yield: 6 servings (1 cup compote and 1/2 cup low fat froz Ingredients: 1/2 cup applesauce1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries or 3/4
Monday, December 10th 2007, 12:52 pm
News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 6 servings (1 cup compote and 1/2 cup low fat froz
- 1/2 cup applesauce1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries or 3/4 cup blueberries and 3/4 cup raspberries
1/2 cup ruby port or other sweet red wine or cooking wine
1/2 cup apple cider
1/3 cup sugar or Splenda
1 (1-inch) slice lemon rind strip
4 cups sliced peeled Golden delicious apples (about 1 1/4 pounds)
2 cups firm Anjou pears, cored and cut into 1/4 inch thick wedges (about 3/4 pound)
3 cups Vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
- 1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Spoon applesauce onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels, spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels, let stand 5 minutes. Scrape into a bowl using a rubber spatula.
3. Combine berries, wine, cider, suger and rind in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in applesauce.
4. Combine the apple and pears in an 11 x 7 - inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour the cranberry mixture over the apple mixture. Cover and bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until fruit is tender, basting occasionally with liquid from dish. Remove rind. Serve compote with ice cream.
- Nutrition Facts:
- CALORIES 250; (9% from fat); FAT 1.5g; PROTEIN 3.6g; CARBOHYDRATES 57.6 g; FIBER 5g; CHOLESTEROL 5mg; IRON 0.4mg; SODIUM 49mg; CALCIUM 115mg
- Tulsa Kids Magazine