Oklahoma lawmakers will hold a series of town hall meetings over the next two months to discuss redistricting.
The Legislature is required by law to redraw legislative and congressional district boundaries every 10 years to reflect population changes. This is one of the reasons why people had to fill out the 2020 Census because as the population changes, district boundaries must change as well.
Lawmakers with the Oklahoma House and Senate will hold public meetings around Oklahoma in December and January to get the public's input. These meetings will be done before the start of the 2021 legislative session on February 1.
One of the first meetings will be Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Tulsa Technology Center-Riverside Campus Auditorium. The agenda includes a redistricting briefing and questions and comments from the public.
All the meetings should be live-streamed as well.
Oklahoma Senate Redistricting Town Hall Meetings
- Tuesday, December 8: 6 p.m., Pontotoc Technology Center, Seminar Center, Ada
- Thursday, Dec. 10: 6 p.m., Grady County Fairgrounds, Community Building, Chickasha
- Thursday, Dec. 17: 6 p.m., Northeast Technology Center, Pryor campus
- Wednesday, Jan. 6: 1:30 p.m., Oklahoma State Capitol, Room 535, Oklahoma City
- Tuesday, Jan. 12: 6 p.m., Durant High School Auditorium, Durant
- Thursday, Jan. 14: 6 p.m., The Summit Conference Center, Ponca City
- Tuesday, Jan. 19: 6 p.m., Frisco Conference Center, Clinton
- Thursday, Jan. 21: 6 p.m., Autry Technology Center, Lectorium, Enid
- Thursday, Jan. 28: 6 p.m., Tulsa Technology Center, Sycamore Room, Owasso
Oklahoma House Redistricting Town Hall Meetings
- Wednesday, Dec. 9: 5:30 p.m., Oklahoma State Capitol, Room 206, Oklahoma City
- Thursday, Dec. 10: 7 p.m., Tulsa Technology Center-Riverside Campus Auditorium, Tulsa
- Wednesday, Dec. 16: 6:30 p.m., JI Stipes, Center, McAlester
- Tuesday, Jan. 5: 6:30 p.m., Bill Coben Community Center, Lane
- Wednesday, Jan. 6: 5:30 p.m., Route 66 Interpretive Center, Chandler
- Thursday, Jan. 7: 7 p.m., Northeastern State University -- Webb Auditorium, Tahlequah
- Monday, Jan. 11: 7 p.m., Comanche County Farm Bureau, Lawton
- Tuesday, Jan. 12: 6 p.m., Southern Technology Center, Ardmore
- Wednesday, Jan 13: 6 p.m., High Plains Technology Center, Woodward