Erin Barnhart Of Panera Bread is back with us this afternoon with an easy sandwich recipe for us. In the Cooking Corner, she shows us how to make an Open-Faced Greek Sandwich.
· 4 slices Panera® Country Rustic Sourdough Bread, sliced ½ inch thick (thin sliced)
· ¼ cup Panera® Greek Dressing
· 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
· ½ cup cucumber, diced ¼-inch
· ½ cup tomatoes, diced ¼-inch
· ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
· ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
· 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
· 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Toast Country Rustic Sourdough bread slices and set aside to cool slightly.
2. In a small bowl, combine Greek dressing and chickpeas. Using a potato masher or fork, smash the chickpeas until the start to break down, mixing them into the dressing until the mixture becomes the consistency of a chunky hummus. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, add the cucumber, tomato, feta, olives, and olive oil. Toss gently to combine.
4. Evenly spread the chickpea mash on each slice of bread and top with the Greek salad mixture. Serve immediately.
Or, Try This
· The smashed chickpeas and Greek salad mixture can be made up to 1 day in advance and stored separately in the refrigerator. Right before serving, toast the bread and assemble.
· Instead of the Country Rustic Sourdough bread, try slices of toasted French Baguette for a Greek-style bruschetta!
Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 4 servings