Cooking Corner: Oklahoma Joe's Rib Tips
Tuesday, September 28th 2021, 2:31 pm
News On 6
TULSA, Oklahoma -
Today at the Cooking Corner, Joe Davidson of Oklahoma Joe's Barbeque shows us how to make rib tips.
You can check out more recipes like at NewsOn6.com/recipes.
|8 Rib Tips cut from Pork Spare Ribs||7-ounce bottle of Oklahoma Joe’s Hog Rub||Oklahoma Joe’s Original BBQ Sauce|| |
- Fire up your Grill/Smoker as per the instructions in the manual.
- Make sure to build the fire next to one side of the grill, or in the Firebox so that you cook with indirect heat.
- Liberally apply Hog Rub seasoning on Rib Tops.
- Once charcoal is ready to cook on, add a few wood chunks to the fire.
- Cook Ribs (unwrapped) at 275ºF using indirect heat and smoke for 2 hours flipping once. Make sure ribs are positioned away from the coal bed, near the smoke stack. Add charcoal and wood as needed to maintain cooking temperature.
- After ribs have cooked 2 hours, wrap ribs tips in foil.
- Continue to cook for approximately 1.5 hours at 275 degrees until ribs have reached an internal meat temperature of 190 or above. This will really make the ribs tender.
- Remove from cooker and baste with BBQ Sauce.
- Now place ribs over the fire and sear the sauce on the rib tips to caramelize the sauce on them,
- Pull rib tips from cooker and serve with your favorite side dishes.
Total cooking time: 3.5 hours
Recommended wood(s): Pecan, Hickory, or Oak
|Serves 6-8 |