Some Residents Without Power After Fire at Tulsa Apartment Complex


Monday, October 18th 2021, 6:35 am
By: Amy Slanchik


TULSA, Oklahoma -

About 30 people were without power early Monday morning after a fire started in the laundry room of a Tulsa apartment complex near 61st and Lewis. 

At the London Square Apartments, residents said firefighters suspected the fire in the laundry room started because of an electrical issue. The Tulsa Fire Department has not confirmed that. People who live there said firefighters had to turn off power to the building connected to the laundry room. News On 6 was told there are 14 apartments in the building, and two are vacant.

There is damage to the laundry room and smoke damage to the apartments above the room. Residents said they do not believe anyone was living in those units. The rest of the complex was not impacted by the fire.

No word yet on when those 30 people will get their power back, but PSO is aware, and no one was hurt in the fire.