Del City Man Accused Of Threatening To Blow Up OSHA Building In Oklahoma City

Thursday, January 13th 2022, 5:15 pm


Current COVID mandates pushed a Del City man to the edge, according to his family. Del City police arrested 53-year-old James Moore on Wednesday after co-workers reported hearing him make threatening remarks about blowing up a federal building in Oklahoma City.

The Del City resident was jailed on a terrorist hoax complaint. 

The report came to Del City police Wednesday afternoon from Moore’s place of employment near Southeast 29th Street and Bryant Avenue.

Police said co-workers reported that Moore was angry over COVID-19 mandates.

“He didn’t agree with his employer’s mandates on vaccines versus mask wearing,” Del City Police Department Maj. Bradley Rule said. “He was opposed to it and stated he wasn’t going to do it and that he would blow up the OSHA building and kill himself.”

According to an arrest warrant, Moore detailed how he would carry out his intentions. He attempted to withdraw money from his savings account.

“He was going to rent a flatbed truck load it up with gasoline, pull it up to the building and blow it up,” Rule said. “We felt immediate action needed to be taken to protect innocent lives.” 

Police showed up at Moore's apartment hours after the alleged threat was reported. A neighbor across the street watched the arrest from her porch. 

“They all walked this way, knocked on his door with their finger over the thingy,” neighbor Mona Ward said. “He finally opened up and they just went in and got him.”

Police said he was armed with two guns. Moore's family described him as a good guy and a law-abiding citizen who had a mental breakdown.

“His doctor knew, his doctor tried to work with me,” Moore’s ex-wife said. “Del City police were reported to, as well. I guess yesterday was the breaking point.” 

Moore's ex-wife was at the police department Thursday as he was transported to the Oklahoma County Detention Center. She said the threat not only put Moore behind bars but caused him to lose his job of 30 years.

“He needs help mentally, he’s at a breaking point,” Moore’s ex-wife said. “He lost it. He just snapped.”

Moore's bond was set at $500,000. Del City police said they planned to turn its investigation over to the FBI.


Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News on 6 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

January 13th, 2022

October 17th, 2022

October 17th, 2022

October 3rd, 2022

Top Headlines

December 6th, 2022

December 6th, 2022

December 6th, 2022

December 6th, 2022