Oklahoma Health Experts Say New COVID-19 Infections Decline In Oklahoma


Wednesday, February 16th 2022, 9:07 am



Oklahoma health experts are using color-coded maps to show how much COVID-19 cases have gone down over the past month.

Doctors with the Healthier Oklahoma Coalition say the Omicron variant peaked in Oklahoma on January 21st

Health experts say Omicron has made up 96% of cases in the U.S. recently. The other 4% is from what’s called a "subvariant" of Omicron.

Related Story: Oklahoma Health Experts Say New COVID Subvariant Is Spreading

Experts say the new subvariant, called BA2, is more transmissible than the original Omicron strain. However, the World Health Organization is not calling it a variant of concern right now.

Doctors say the good news is that the COVID-19 vaccines work well against the new subvariant.

The Oklahoma State Department Of Health says currently, there are about 18,000 active cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma.

logo

Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News on 6 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

February 16th, 2022

May 23rd, 2022

February 15th, 2022

February 9th, 2022

Top Headlines

February 8th, 2023

February 8th, 2023

February 8th, 2023

February 8th, 2023